Levittown, PA - RNY Gastric Bypass Peeps...

KELLY R.
on 2/9/11 9:00 am - PA
RNY on 04/04/12
Hello friends of the weight loss surgery world... are there many ladies who may live near Levittown or even in Lower Bucks County, PA?  I'm trying my best to surround myself with people of experience or with people who are going through the processes of getting surgery like me.  I don't go out much so I don't really have friends per say.  I have my Mom and my sister but I need people who know what I'm going through.  If you're out there  (and I know you must be).... hit me up :)

Thanks guys!!!

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

Lisa0719
on 2/9/11 9:05 am - PA
Hi Kelly,  I am from Levittown --- Snowball gate to be exact.  I had my RNY in Sept 2008 at Jeannes in Philly as an offshot of the Temple program.  Where are you?

Lisa Mc (several Lisa's on here and need to distinguish)

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

KELLY R.
on 2/9/11 9:19 am - PA
RNY on 04/04/12
My hubby and I are in Racquet Club Apts.  I'm working with Hahnemann's Bariatric Center.  This may sound dumb but do you know what OT stands for on the boards?  LOL.

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

Lisa0719
on 2/9/11 9:22 am - PA
Kelly,

OT means Off Topic . . . meaning not really weight loss, bariatric surgery related.  We all get to know each other on this board, it is the best, and so things other than "the subject" are shared but some preface by saying OT or off topic.

I can't believe you are in Raquet Club . . . right down the street.  So we should get together.  I am 2 1/2 year out.  Are you scheduled?  Where? 

Lisa Mc

Lisa0719
on 2/9/11 9:27 am - PA
Just went back and read your profile and skimmed your blog.  My husband and I met on-line too!!!  Too funny.  We are old enough to be your parents though . . .

Don't know if we can be friends though . . . you are a Steelers fan . . .  me Eagles . . .   lol

KELLY R.
on 2/9/11 9:13 pm - PA
RNY on 04/04/12
I'm working with Dr. Castellanos at Hahnemann.  I've still got 3 nutritionist appts, my cardiologist appt next month and my pulmonary function tests to complete my clearance.  He's optomistic about me having surgery the first half of May so I'm working to get everything necessary in order to I can do that. 

Having coffee or something would be great sometime, and as for you being an Eagles fan... I'm sorry, lol.  Just kidding!!!  My husband is the 'real' sports fan... I'm more of a supporter, lol.

Take care!!

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

bvohl
on 2/9/11 9:58 am
HEY KELLY!!

My name is Beth and I am almost 2 years out of RNY. I had my surgery at Barix in Langhorne. YOU MUST come to our support group!! It is at Barix in the main lobby on the third Wednesday and first Saturday of the month. There is a good mix of people and lots of information and experience between all of us. You will be guaranteed to make at least a couple of friends, maybe more! If you decide to come PM me and if I come I will introduce you to everyone since I have been going to the meetings for about two years now. I live in Bensalem not too far from Langhorne....

Welcome to the BEST board around!! We are always here for support or good kick in the butt if you need it!! LOL!!

Keep us updated....

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Maura M.
on 2/9/11 12:18 pm - Yardley, PA
I'm with Beth - you should consider coming to the Barix meetings - You will see that the leaders post about the meetings - there are  pre-op and a post op meetings and they welcome people whether they had surgery at Barix or not. 

Maura

Cheryl.P
on 2/9/11 5:48 pm - Philadelphia, PA
hello  i don't live near you i live in sw philly. i do attend the support group meetings in langhorne. the building is in the parking lot of the oxfordvalley mall. you can see it from the woodbourne rd side.  it is free and fun.
Patricia R.
on 2/9/11 8:43 pm - Perry, MI

Hi There,
I am Trish, and I live in Bristol Borough, originally from Levittown.  I had my surgery at Barix also, and am delinquent in my attendance at support group there.  But, you will find tons of support here and there as well. 

This forum is a great source of information and support, as well as the group at Barix.  Feel free to ask any questions, they will be answered here. 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views